Wednesday

22. The Journey Begins.....


Tony was started on Copadin 1, this was the first of five days of chemotherapy. He was very chirpy all day , and even though he was on a drip it never stopped him from messing around.

I couldn't keep up with his appetite, he was eating like mad and couldn't seem to get enough food, probably a side effect of the steroids that he was now taking.

So far so good, no sickness and apart from having to drag the drip to the bathroom every 2 minutes the ordeal didn't appear nowhere near as bad as we expected.

As for me.... how can I put into words how proud I felt of this courageous young man. I stayed until 7pm that evening and then headed to Clic House to spend another night away from home

1 comment:

MGM said...

I've been reading your site...I got caught up in your story and read the entire site...then I couldn't believe it when this was the last post and it left me hanging. I am eager to read the rest of your story. My heart aches for your loss and makes me squeeze my kids a little tighter.

Thanks for your courage to share, and may your healing continue.