Sunday

21. Preparation Day

Today was preparation day for the start of COPADM 1, in other words the start of the intrusive chemotherapy.
He had to endure scans and an echo of his heart to ensure he was well enough to start this gruelling treatment., tests revealed that his platelet count was low and this sadly gave him a bad headache.

I was staying in a house close by provided by a charity called CLIC (Cancer and leukaemia in children), without their help I don’t think I would have been able to have coped.
There was another couple staying there who were from Greece, their son George had been receiving treatment for quite a while, and although we were all going through the same it was really hard as the Mum spoke very little English.
She found it difficult to visit the hospital without getting too upset and so spent most of her days at the house cleaning, we all deal with these tragedies differently.

My daughter had also come to Bristol to stay in the house for the Christmas period, this was certainly going to be one that none of us would ever forget.
For me it was one of the first time I recall my new partner having a problem with alcohol, he got very drunk with the Greeks, however as a lot had happened during the 10 months that we had been together I brushed it aside assuming that it was his way of dealing with things….how very wrong I was, and how much I would have to pay in the future you have yet to discover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When all seems lost and there's knowhere to turn to, you can always rely on your special friend to help guide you along the path....
Rodu

helper said...

beautiful

http://www.icanpray.com

spiritual, not religious

i sincerely hope this website helps

feel free to use it as a link